This drink was created by Lily Neff, bartender at Longman & Eagle in Chicago. “A sweet and salty cocktail. Brown and stirred to perfection. Bright apple flavor accompanied by rich autumnal spices. Perfect for jean jacket weather. Get comfy,” says Neff.
- 1¼ oz. Clyde May’s Alabama style whiskey (or straight bourbon)
- ¾ oz. Laird’s apple brandy
- ¼ oz. maple syrup
- 6 drops saline (equal parts salt and water)
- 6 drops Angostura bitters
- 4 dashes chocolate bitters
- thinly sliced fanned apple for garnish
Stir all ingredients in a glass over ice. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh cubed ice. Garnish with a thinly sliced fanned apple floating on top.