Need a 40-serving Scotch cocktail? Try this punch by Eamon Rockey of Betony in New York City.
- 17 oz. blended Scotch whisky
- 17 oz. Glenlivet 18 year old
- 25 oz. fino sherry
- 3½ oz. Batavia Arrack
- 68 oz. Ceylon tea
- 3½ oz. lemon oleo saccharum (see below)
- 17 oz. demerara syrup
- To finish, tobacco tincture (see below)
- To finish, house-preserved cherry (see below)
Combine all ingredients. To serve, season large piece of ice with one spray of tobacco tincture, add combined ingredients, and garnish with house-preserved cherry.
- 1 part citrus peel (i.e. lemon, lime, grapefruit, orange, bergamot)
- 1 part white sugar
Peel citrus fruit and weigh. In a sealed plastic bag, combine peels with an equal measure of sugar.Press out the air, and seal bag tightly. Massage daily, until all grains of sugar have dissolved and the peels are translucent, approximately five days. Press liquid from solids through cheesecloth or a strainer and refrigerate.
Steep Virginia pipe tobacco in white whiskey for 3 days. Strain, and store in an atomizer.
- 1 part Bing cherries
- 2 part Rhum Barbancourt
- demerara sugar
Preserve cherries in rhum for 6 months. Remove from liquid. Candy the cherries in demerara sugar.