Created by Greg Best, partner at Ticonderoga Club in Atlanta, this cocktail is bright and tart. This rye slushie has a floral hint on the nose and a touch of ginger spice.
- 3 oz. Rittenhouse rye (or other rye whiskey)
- 2 oz. lime juice
- 3½ oz. ginger honey syrup (recipe below)
- 1 oz. Cocchi Americano
- 2 dashes Regans’ No. 6 Orange bitters
- 2 cups 1-by-1-inch ice cubes
- Garnish: orange wheels and mint sprigs
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth with no large ice chunks (about 20 to 30 seconds). Pour into 14-ounce beer mugs and garnish with orange wheel and mint sprig.
Ginger Honey Syrup
- 5½ oz. ginger juice
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. demerara sugar
- 3 oz. wildflower honey
- 1 oz. orange flower water
- 1 oz. water
Combine ginger juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk a few seconds. Let cook until sugar has melted, about 6 minutes. Whisk again, then add remaining ingredients and slowly stir until honey has thinned and is fully incorporated into the syrup, about 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool and store in a quart container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.