Did you know there are palm trees on some Scottish islands? Take the tropical vibe all the way with this tiki cocktail, created at Mother of Pearl in New York City, that incorporates both Islay single malt and blended scotch.
- ½ oz. Laura’s Mix (equal parts banana liqueur, cinnamon syrup, and dry curaçao)
- ¼ oz. Demerara syrup
- ¾ oz. toasted almond syrup
- ¾ oz. lime juice
- ¼ oz. Laphroaig single malt Scotch
- 1 ½ oz. Famous Grouse blended Scotch
- Angostura bitters
- Garnish: Mint sprigs, orchid, cinnamon stick
Build all ingredients in a shaker tin. Add ½ cup cracked ice and shake. Pour into a snifter-style glass and top with more cracked ice. Dash Angostura bitters on top. Garnish with mint springs doused with Laphroaig, an orchid, a cracked cinnamon stick, and paper straws.